Recommended next steps for Knights Road Connection
In late June we let you know that we had collected all the feedback and data on the amended layout in Knights Road. We said we were preparing a report for Hutt City Council's Infrastructure and Regulatory Committee for its meeting on 20 July, including options to assist Councillors to decide what happens next. The report is now published and Councillors will make a decision on the recommendations on Tuesday 20 July 2021. We will update you on their decisions.
In summary, the report recommends the committee agrees to:
- bring forward the programmed work to better link the Beltway Cycleway to Waterloo Station
- do repairs and safety improvements which were raised by an independent safety review and the community
- make permanent the trial layout outside Waterloo Station
- retain the amended layout westbound on Knights Road (the May trial layout) and extend it to Bloomfield Terrace when practicable
- approve in principle an eastbound separated pathway on another road.
Find out more about what's proposed in our latest e-newsletter.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link