Using this site
How do I take part?
Each project page gives you an overview of the project, and more information in the sidebar.
After you read the project overview you'll see some more tabs. If we're asking for public feedback, this is where you will find interactive tools that you can use to have your say.
You might need to be registered and logged in to use some of these tools. This depends on the type of project/consultation.
Why do I need to register to have my say?
Registering helps us because we get to understand who we are engaging with.
Using a registration process instead of anonymous participation can also prevent participants taking over discussions by someone leaving multiple comments to support their own position.
How do I register?
Registering is quick and simple. You only need to do this once for the site.
- Go to the registration form.
- Enter your details by following the instructions on the form. Your personal details will not appear online. If you participate, only the screen name you choose will appear with your comments. If you want to remain anonymous, do not use your name as a screen name.
- You will receive an activation email at the address you have used. If you can't see it, check your junk folders. Click on the link to activate your account.
- Done! From now on if you need to be registered to access a tool you simply need to login.
How is this site moderated?
Site moderation is run by the web platform provider Bang the Table. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately. Any participant that has a comment removed will be notified and the reasons explained. We understand that we can be quite passionate when we have your say. But please be nice and respect others right to voice their opinion, even if you don’t quite agree with it. For more information have a look at Form Etiquette and Moderation.
What happens to my feedback?
Your feedback is collated along with other comments, ideas and suggestions and is used to inform Council decisions. Online data is used alongside face-to-face activities like workshops. Once all of this information is collated officers will write a summary report which will be required and considered by elected members. Have a look at each project page to find out what their timeline is and find out when their report is due with elected members.
Is my privacy protected?
We collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 and our Privacy Statement. The contact details you provide will only be used and disclosed for the purpose of contacting you about your feedback or if you request a copy of your feedback. All other responses will be grouped for reporting purposes so that no individual is identifiable.
How do I edit my profile?
- Log into your account
- Once you're logged in you'll see your screen name in the top right hand corner of the page.
- Click on the drop down arrow, which brings up a menu.
- Click profile and make any updates.
Who can I contact for more help?
Email: email@example.com for more help on using this site.